Wednesday 7 February 2018

Socks new show - the art takes shape


Having roughed out the look for the images for the new Socks 2018 show, I used the version above and put it into the teaser ads that you might have already seen. But I wasn't happy with it. So I went to a drastic extreme and drafted a line version, and asked Socks fans on Twitter and Facebook what they thought.


It's safe to say the outline version (which I hadn't intended using in black and white, but ran up the flagpole that way) was not as popular as the photo version. At one point it was 4 to 1 in favour of the photo. Added to which, a few people noted that the logo read as "Cock Puppet". So I added a bit more colour, and ran it past people in a couple of stages.



And we were starting to get there. (The logo of the show is still under wraps at this stage, hence the gap, and I haven't addressed the Cock Puppet issue yet). But still important points were being made about a cartoon version being likely to attract kids to the show. So finally I came up with the version that, at time of writing, is the one I'm going with.


It's the version I'm happy with. Now let's see what the world thinks shall we? Show not written, at time of blogging, with first Leicester show just 10 days away. Gulp.



(Yes, I must get making a new banner animation, mustn't I?)

Feb 17 & 24 6.50pm Kayal Leicester
Mar 14 & 15 8pm Dram Glasgow 
May 26 3.45pm & May 27 5pm Komedia Brighton

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...