Tuesday 31 March 2015

More travels with my art, Torquay to Southampton



Sometimes my days are so full I find no time to write my diary, and such has been the case with my recent travels. So let's have a glance back over March and see what I've forgotten to record. Here's me in Southampton, in my guise as Kevin Sutherland, doing drawings and selling a few comics at Nerdaggedon, a sweet little comic convention in the suburb of Totton, where some of the more unusual caricatures included people wanting to be drawn while wearing Planet of the Apes and Silence masks. And who am I to refuse?


The previous night I was in Torquay, where the Socks played to an audience of 7 (we were opening on a comedy bill, it wasn't our own show) and Hev & I stayed over. The photos of that are fairly naff, so here are backstage selfies from the Socks a few days later at a cracking gig in Maesteg Town Hall, South Wales.



Most of the month has been taken up with travelling (a week in London, a week travelling North to South), so let's see if I've made any comments of note on Facebook or Twitter.




Back reading my new favourite website*, this was a fun discovery. Who knew? http://www.jewornotjew.com/profile.jsp?ID=1589 (*This is a Jewish website btw, though I realise at first glance some might take it the wrong way. As this article points out, the French authorities took the site down in France for possibly being anti-semitic. It's totally the opposite).


Kev F Sutherland, as well as doing Bananaman, Pansy Potter et al in The Beano, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. View the new promo video here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...