Thursday 3 July 2014

Me, very much in this week's Beano


There's being in The Beano and there's being in The Beano, and this is very much what I call being in The Beano. In one of the panels of this week's Bananaman story, Wedding, Wayne has excelled himself by not just hiding my name in the background, but by drawing me in person. In my guise as wedding caricaturist, which I was doing just weekend now you ask (available for parties, Bar Mitzvahs, etc...) there's me, giving the impression to the world that I've drawn the strip. I didn't, I only wrote it (to a degree, it's been rewritten, so my "may I have your hand" routine has become a "will you marry me" routine, which I'm not sure makes any sense, but ours not to reason.)

The credit box is back in this week's Beano and the quality is as high as always. Dennis is brilliant, and the surreal Pie Face strip is up there with Krazy kat in my estimation. Buy The Beano - I'll see if you don't!



Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing Bananaman in The Beano, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. He's been writing and drawing comics for 25 years, he must know something.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...