Monday 30 June 2014

Now That's What I Call A Comic By A Kid


How's that for a comic by a schoolkid? Not only hand made, not only brilliant, but starring me!

12 year old Leo was one of the pupils in my Comic Art Masterclass today in Walsall, and he's such a budding comic artist and Beano fan that he'd researched me in advance, drawn me and some of my characters in the strip inside (there's my Baby Face Finlayson on the cover), and gave me that comic to keep. That's what I call teacher's pet.

I got to talk to Leo and his Dad and hopefully gave them good tips and advice. It's always inspiring to see someone not unlike oneself at the same age who's really focussed on what they want to do. The comics business of the future has got plenty of talent on the way.



Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing Bananaman in The Beano, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. He's been writing and drawing comics for 25 years, he must know something.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...