Wednesday 18 June 2014

Bananaman: Bell of Doom in this week's Beano

I'm chuffed to bits to see the cameo appearance by Ken Reid's legendary character Jonah in this week's Bananaman - and I wrote this week's Bananaman! Wayne has done it so well, getting the old-school colouring spot on and the character lookalikes so brilliantly, there is no comic fan whose heart won't have warmer cockles after seeing the strip. And I chuckled with delight in Tescos on spotting where my name had been snuck into the background. Wayne, consider yourself saluted.

Also in this week's Beano is what I think is the very first Pansy Potter strip I wrote (with my name hidden in a predictable place, you should spot it in seconds) and some excellent strips, including a witty Gruffalo-parodying Little Plum by Stu Munro & Hunt Emerson, and an eye catching (and laugh-out-loud-if-you're-nine-years-old) Tricky Dicky strip by Laura Howell. And let's be thankful we live in a country which still produces a weekly comic that includes the line "Is it just me or is the Prime Minister a potato?" Buy The Beano.



Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing Bananaman in The Beano, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. He's been writing and drawing comics for 25 years, he must know something.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...