Saturday 15 February 2014

Bananaman King Kong pt 1 in this week's Beano

Don't forget to buy this week's Beano, pals. It features part one of a two part Bananaman story called King Kong, written by me, drawn by Wayne Thompson. Here's a snippet of Wayne's brilliant art:



And below, for your edification (and to show just why Wayne gets the drawing gig, in case there was any doubt) is my original biro-layout script for that same opening splash:


Now if you'll excuse me, I have 6 new Bananaman episodes to write. And by the way, my favourite strips in this week's Beano (my own notwithstanding) are Jamie Smart's Rodger The Dodger and some wonderful playing-with-the-page fourth-wall-breaking in Nigel Parkinson's Minnie The Minx. A must-buy, as ever. (And there's a free book attached to the front cover - bonus!)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...