Tuesday 11 September 2012

Bash Street Zombies remembered

This morning on BBC Breakfast they're discussing the film ParaNorman and asking "how do you make zombies acceptable to kids?". Might I just remind the world of this...



The Bash Street Zombies was written and drawn by me, and serialised (as the best of my work has been) over a few weeks in the Beano back in 2008, in what I think we can fairly call the comic's heyday. At first, when I submitted the script, I really thought Alan Digby the editor was going to reject it as unsuitable. It did take him a few weeks to respond, which kept me worried.

When he did, his email apologised for being "28 days late" in approving the script. They don't make Beano editors like that any more. The whole fully-lettered strip's not available online (or indeed anywhere since its appearance in the weekly) but you can see the original artwork here.



I'm Kev F, the comic writer and artist whose work appears in The Beano, Marvel comics, Doctor Who, Red Dwarf Smegazine, Viz, 2000AD and many points inbetween. If you would like to bring my Comic Art Masterclass to your school or art centre, drop me a line, a comment, a Twitter, Bat-Phone, whatever works. Click below to see more, including video and contact details.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...