Sunday 19 February 2012

Greetings from Sunny Adelaide

And here you see me and one of the boys on our balcony taking advantage of the cool of the morning in Adelaide to do some work.



Amongst other chores for today we have some props to repair. I'm not saying it's hot, but the duct tape holding some of the Socks props together has melted, causing a guitar to fall off and two costumes to disintegrate during last night's show. As you'll see from yesterday's blog, it's hot for me on stage but the audience are most than used to the heat and have been coming in increasing numbers and being beautiful. In fact when I ask them if they were finding it particularly hot, their reply is "Noy". I assume that's good.

One demerit for me; the Socks were supposed to do another appearance on the Fringe Caravan stage in Rundle Mall yesterday and, through my own incompetence, I hadn't got it in my diary. And, because roaming phone rates in Australia are so expensive (£1.50 per min to receive a call, 40p to receive a text) nobody is phoning anyone until we get dedicated Australian phones (that's right T-Mobile, rather than use you overseas it's cheaper to buy another phone) so I didn't learn my mistake until later. Until, in fact, just before last night's gig which put me in a bit of a sour mood. However the audience noticed nothing of that and we had another corker of a show, self-destructing props notwithstanding.

And on the plus side, while I was busy missing a good promotional opportunity in Rundle Mall, Hev and I had travelled to Port Adelaide to see the sights of the original ancient first settlement in this area. The Maritime Museum was our first much-needed injection of culture since we got here, and marvellous it was too. A couple of art galleries, some nice artsy craftsy shops, old buildings and another fun bus ride - I must get on to tell you how fascinating and diverse domestic architecture is here - and that afternoon did us a power of good, if not actuvely putting more bums on seats (though we had plenty of bums, and lovely bums they were too, so I'm not complaining. But I shall be triple-checking my diary from now on.) Here's a couple of snaps from Port Adelaide.




The Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre are on at The Garden Of Unearthly Delights, Adelaide at 7.45pm every night until March 18th. Tickets here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...