Sunday 16 October 2011

RCA Secret exhibition

Every year for the least seven or eight years I've been honoured and flattered to be invited to contribute to the RCA's Secret exhibition. Artists submit works drawn on identical sized postcards, and the buyers bid on the pieces without knowing who the artist is. Works by the likes of Heather and me are displayed alongside anonymous works by such luminaries as Tracey Emin, Peter Blake, Grayson Perry, Manolo Blahnik, Anthony Caro, Quentin Blake, and many more.

Today I got my allocated three postcards sent off, having been reminded by a delightful email received from the people who bought one of my past entries (they said mine was better than the Anthony Caro they also bought, though I hope they've not insured them for the same amount). After the cards have all been auctioned, the creators identities are revealed. Here are my 2010 efforts (click to see all three):



UPDATE: Here's me being interviewed for this year's RCA Secret blog, with scans of other previous entries.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...