Monday 19 September 2011

Don't call posts "Doctor Who Swipe File". Ever.

Having been away for a couple of days, performing with the Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre at a wedding on the Mull of Kintyre (in the castle where Paul McCartney used to live, another story for another day), then spending a day caricaturing in Leytonstone, I came home last night to find I'd unwittingly wound up some comics people by posting a blog which I'd thought was funny at my expense and which everyone else thought was intended as an insult to another artist. Oops.

Having first suggested a Doctor Who USA cover I'd spotted was not the first Dr Who strip to "do an Escher" (having done so myself earlier), I then a few months later had the Phantom Stranger cover pointed out to me so mentioned that in a later blog.

The third blog was meant to follow up those two, making light of my over-exuberance in labouring this point. Out of context it made me look like an arse, so once again I apologise. Especially to those who, after 22 years in the comics business, are encountering me and my work for the first time.

On the plus side, that third fatal blog is my most read of this month so far. Small consolation. Ooh, and I see I got mentioned on Frank Cho's website. There's only one thing worse than being talked about...









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...